Thursday, April 2, 2009

#21: Podcasts

I had heard of podcasts before, but wasn't entirely familiar with them. I have iTunes on my personal computer but never explored that section before. However, I do believe that this will change after I spent some time searching through the online podcast directories and seeing all that's available out there. I spent some time searching through PodcastAlley and located a number of libraries that use podcasts to give tips on library use, give updates on events happening in the library, give recommendations on library materials, and some have library customers involved in the process! I see a lot of ways that TCCL could employ podcasting to benefit not only its customers, but also its staff. There are libraries out there that are podcasting and would be an excellent example to use to do something similar here.

No comments:

Post a Comment